Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Finally! Finished Objects

I'm approximately a week behind in my goal of knitting a garment a week for this pregnancy. I hope to make that up with some pretty simple soakers, since I need 2 or 3 of each size and maybe some longies.

My first project isn't actually finished, but it is off the needles. It now sits and stares at me, awaiting seaming. It is a baby jacket from Paton's Book #767, I used Beehive Baby in Apricot.
Here it is in it's unseamed glory. Look at all those ends. Of course I didn't slip the first stitches, so matching lace is added to the fun:

Next up, I created a soaker from an ancient pattern book I have. I also got to use some stash for this, and I selected Koigu KPPPM:

Then, for a super quick project I completed my first pair of longies. I used the SheepyPants longies. I used Patons Classic Wool Merino in the Good Earth colourway:

And finally, Curly Purly's Soakers. I used leftover PCW in the same colourway for this:

I now have a Baby Albert on the needles, using more Patons Merino, in Blueberry. It's almost tempted me to chuck the baby knitting and start my own coat!

No comments: